[pure-silver] Re: Slightly OT: Large format telephoto

  • From: Elias Roustom <elroustom@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 14 Feb 2010 21:14:40 -0500

I fail to find how this is OT, even slightly.

It's encouraging to hear of what's working for you.
Today I walked with my 50mm on my slr. I haven't done that in a while - not since I decided my 24mm is the only lens for me.
It's great to get a new perspective on the world.

On Feb 14, 2010, at 7:27 PM, Charlie Thorsten wrote:

I know it's against most tradition to say that a piece of equipment
has opened up your photographic vision.  But I've recently been using
a new lens on my 4x5, a Nikkor-T ED 360mm telephoto, that's been
giving great results. I've used it on several outings now and the results
are spectacular.  Before this, my longest lens was a relatively modest
Schneider 210mm. It's so nice to have this new "reach" in my lens kit.
I've found I'm re-visiting old locations and making new photographs,
"seeing" new compositions.  It's giving me an excuse to get out and
photograph more!  I think this is the best thing to come out of this
recent purchase.

And yes, the lens is an absolute jewel.  Sharp sharp sharp.  I've been
exposing sheets of Tmax100 developed in D76 1:1.  I made some
especially nice exposures of the Eastern Sierra Nevada a couple weeks
ago after a heavy snowfall.

Hope everyone else is finding a good reason to photograph!
-Charlie

http://mail.yahoo.com