[pure-silver] Re: Sistan Saga

  • From: Christopher Woodhouse <chris.woodhouse@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 21 Jun 2005 16:56:47 +0100

Quoting from a general Agfa chemical pdf file

Mixing instructions
For use 25 ml SISTAN is diluted with 975 ml water. The
correctly processed and washed prints are agitated for one
minute in SISTAN solution after the final wash.
NB Too high a SISTAN concentration can lead to stains which
take some time to appear – particularly if prints are in close
contact (stored stacked). Care should then be taken that the
fronts and backs of prints are wiped before drying to avoid
partial over-concentration caused by dried drops of SISTAN.
Pinch and transport rollers on mechanical processors and
continuous dryers should be carefully wiped clean to stop the
SISTAN solution crystallising on them.
Yield
Up to 2 m² black and white paper per litre ready solution
(equivalent to approx. 45 sheets 17.8 x 24 cm). The solution
can be used down to the last drop.
Storage life
The concentrate will keep virtually indefinitely in closed bottles.
Ready solution should be kept in capped glass bottles, not left
in open trays.

Regards Chris Woodhouse