[pure-silver] Re: Selenium toning inconsistancy

  • From: "Richard Knoppow" <dickburk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 25 Jul 2010 08:25:48 -0700

----- Original Message ----- From: "daniel" <daniel.bouzard@xxxxxxxxxx>
To: <pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Sunday, July 25, 2010 4:51 AM
Subject: [pure-silver] Re: Selenium toning inconsistancy

Richard there nothing secret , formula are free for every body if it could be useful. What I am doing is the following: 10ml of 10% (10g /100ml) sodium hydroxyde
   1ml Viradon
   2ml of Sélénium ( from Moersch )
   1l of water

I put first the print in the solution for 15 sec to 2min depending of the papers ( 15sec for Foma 131 or old Foma polywarmtone or Bergger CB - 1 to 2 min for Ilford Warmtone or new Bergger CB - more than 2min for cold papers like Ilford multigrade or Galerie ) then the print is going to running water at 40- 45°C for 2min. If the result is OK the print is put to a 10% sulfite solution for 2 min and then washed, if not you can repeat until you get what you want.

Interesting, this is much more diluted than the Kodak formulas. I think it is similar in concept to some developing schemes. Certainly worth knowing about and trying, thank you for posting it.