[pure-silver] Re: Quest and Re-quest

  • From: <C.Breukel@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 22 Dec 2006 14:26:26 +0100

It's indeed a nice concept, I too have a Horizon. But I wonder if it's of any
use for Adrienne: since it's a wide angle lens, everthing moderatly far away
(whatever that means..;-)..) will be thrown backwards, since it has a 20mm
lens. Getting up closer (if this is possible at all) will have a considerable
barrel distortaion.

My take would be a good MF (6*7, 6*9) or a 4*5 with such a back, stand on
steady ground (on Manhattan Island, wasn't it?) with a massive tripod, and the
camera equiped with the longest lens possible (perhaps rent/borrow it),
preferable also with a tripod for the lens, and than make a few generously
overlapping images... (obviously on a windless day, with crisp skyes, so this
is the good time for it)

Good luck

Cor