[pure-silver] Re: Printing emulsion side up. Why?

  • From: Lee Carmichael <click76112@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 02 Sep 2006 22:53:58 -0500

also the image is generally right reading thru the base side (emulsion down) the emulsion side is generally more dull.

lee\c

At 08:41 PM 9/2/2006, you wrote:
Hold the negative in the light so that you can see specular reflections on the surface of the film. You will see outlines of the shapes in the photo on the emulsion side, while the other side will look perfectly smooth. This is easier to see in some films than others.

Regards,
Aaron Reece

On Sep 2, 2006, at 9:34 PM, Ron Klein wrote:

Ok. I'm going to ask the stupid question I imagine other lurkers are asking.

How do I tell which side is the emulsion side.