[pure-silver] Re: Print copying

  • From: "Ralph W. Lambrecht" <info@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 25 Feb 2010 01:05:32 +0100

I think, you have a point, but why do we have to deal with digital wherever we go? Does this happen on digital sites with analog content too?

Regards

Ralph W. Lambrecht

http://www.darkroomagic.com

This electronic message contains information that is confidential, legally privileged or otherwise protected from disclosure. This information is intended for the use of the addressee only. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution, printing or any other use of, or any action in reliance on, the contents of this electronic message is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please notify the sender and destroy the original message immediately.

P don't print this e-mail unless you really have to

On Feb 25, 2010, at 00:55, Speedy wrote:

I am one person in a group of many. A number of that many may disagree with me.

Whatever you read in this posting please think of it as being said in a respectful and friendly manner as that is they way I intend it.

I used to be a member of a couple other groups that were dedicated to analog photography. At some point somebody comes in and wants to talk about digital stuff. Being civilized people this is allowed for a time. At some point unfortunately the digital stuff begins to take over and the next thing you know it is all that is discussed there.

I know that there are uses for digitalally produced negatives in alternative processes. I get it. At the point where we start discussing the splash patterns of the ink hitting the page though I am certain that we have gotten beyond the scope and intent of Pure Silver and the discussion should move to another forum. Invite those interested to rejoin the discussion there. If it is interesting I will follow too!

Good Light
Speedy

From: ej@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [pure-silver] Re: Print copying
Date: Wed, 24 Feb 2010 17:25:14 -0600

Speedy, Yes in many respects, but I’d like to run this past you. As with the Alt Photo community there was a BIG push back from discussion of digital at first. There is however, a very strong connection to that can take place with the introduction of digital printer discussion and B&W conversion to get to an end point of Silver gelatin printing. While it is not pure, end to end, silver based photography, it can certainly start out there with B&W film and end up there with B&W silver gelatin print, the middle can be full of digital work.

I have also created a place where discussions can take place take cover it all, as photography has never been for me, just B&W. www.ericneilsenphotography.com/forum1 is set up to have a traditional area, digital, and places to take the off topic stuff to. There is little reason to get into French language issues in the broader context of pure silver, unless we want to discuss other French, German, Spanish, Italian language that has made it’s way into the photographic world.

Eric Neilsen
4101 Commerce Street, Suite 9
Dallas, TX 75226
214-827-8301