[pure-silver] Photo Collage Exhibition Update from Adrienne Moumin‏‏‏

  • From: Adrienne Moumin <photowonder2010@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Pure Silver <pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 17 Feb 2010 14:17:26 -0500

Update to gallery events schedule:

The artist's talk/wine & cheese event has been rescheduled to tomorrow,
Thursday Feb. 18, from 6:30-8:30.

I hope you can join me tomorrow evening, at the First Presbyterian Church-Great
Hall, 5th Ave. & 11th St., NY, NY 10011.

You are also welcome to visit the exhibit during public hours, through March 1:
Mondays & Tuesdays 11-2, Wednesdays 11-1, and Fridays 12:30-4

Please feel free to view pictures from last Sunday's opening reception here:
http://www.picturexhibit.com/Architextures%20Opening%20Reception.html

For your convenience, here's an excerpt from the press release, about the work
in this, my first NY solo show:

Moumin’s hand-cut-and-assembled gelatin silver photo collages reflect her
fascination with architectural landmarks and landscapes. While at first the
works may appear to be digital montages, closer inspection reveals the texture
and layering inherent in the handmade pieces. Moumin hand-prints multiples of
each photograph in a traditional wet darkroom, then cuts and rearranges pieces
of the paper prints. Each collage represents a memory or impression of an
architectural landmark or landscape as Moumin experiences it.

She has been working in this vein since 2003, and has expanded her repertoire
to include application of glass and crystal elements, complicated layering,
using the paper’s natural curves for 3-D effects, and use of inkjet prints.

Thank you so much for your interest, and I hope to see you tomorrow evening!

With warm wishes,
Adrienne Moumin
adrienne@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
www.picturexhibit.com