[pure-silver] Photo Collage Exhibition Invitation from Adrienne Moumin‏

  • From: Adrienne Moumin <adrienne@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Adrienne Moumin <photowonder2010@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 25 Feb 2010 15:33:41 -0500

Please join me on Monday, March 1, 2010, from 11-2PM, to commemorate the
closing of my solo exhibit, Architextures.

I will be serving light refreshments, and would be happy to answer any
questions about the hand-cut-and-assembled photo collages I have on display.

The show is also open tomorrow, Friday, February 26, from 12:30-4:00.

For your convenience, here's some info from the press release, about the work
in this, my first NY solo exhibit:

Moumin’s hand-cut-and-assembled gelatin silver photo collages reflect her
fascination with architectural landmarks and landscapes. While at first the
works may appear to be digital montages, closer inspection reveals the texture
and layering inherent in the handmade pieces. Moumin hand-prints multiples of
each photograph in a traditional wet darkroom, then cuts and rearranges pieces
of the paper prints. Each collage represents a memory or impression of an
architectural landmark or landscape as Moumin experiences it.

She has been working in this vein since 2003, and has expanded her repertoire
to include application of glass and crystal elements, complicated layering,
using the paper’s natural curves for 3-D effects, and use of inkjet prints.

I hope you can stop by to close out the show with me; your presence would help
to make the day even more special!

With kind regards,

Adrienne Moumin

adrienne@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx