[pure-silver] Re: Phenidone in propylene glycol vs glycerin

  • From: "BOB KISS" <bobkiss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 19 Feb 2010 09:22:52 -0400

DEAR BILL,

            Excellent results with 90% isopropyl.  Any chance 98% pure
ethanol (ethyl alcohol) would work dissolving and storing phenidone?  It is
easier for me to get 98% ethanol than it is 90% isopropyl!  Comes from
living on a rum producing island!

                        CHEERS!

                                    BOB

  _____

De: BILL WILLIAMS <krbill_10@xxxxxxxxx>

Date: Thu, 18 Feb 2010 08:03:26 -0800 (PST)

À: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

While I have no experience using phenidone in either propylene glycol or
glycerin, I do have experience with phenidone mixed in 90% Ispropyl Alcohol.
I mixed phenidone in the alcohol the first time back sometime around early
2004. I made a 25% solution to begin with, in a 250ml medicine bottle. From
this 25% solution, I make a 10% solution in a 100ml medicine bottle. I mix
formulas from the 10% bottle, and when it is used up, I make another 100ml
10% solution from the 25% solution bottle. It has only slightly changed
color and continues to works fine. I use it in paper formulas but it does
still work just as well in film formulas. I mixed a second 25% batch
sometime around mid 2007. The new batch I use in film formulas and it looks
fine and works fine. I now have some propylene glycol, and I plan on using
it the next time I purchase phenidone. I don't have any expectations that it
will serve me any better than has the alcohol. I would have
already used up bo! th batches but I primarily use developers that don't use
phenidone and only occasionally mix up one with phenidone. Mixing in the
alcohol doesn't require heating the mixture.