[pure-silver] Re: Opinion Please!

  • From: "Eric Neilsen Photo" <ej@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 20 Nov 2009 13:14:43 -0600

One needs to match the harshness of the light in portraiture to the film;
harshness with both direction and color quality / rendering of tones to use
along with intent. Shooting a subject with  TMY and saying it is flat might
mean that she needed to adjust the quality of light, etc to match what she
expected with Plus X.

Elias, What is you subject matter and light source? One idea or general
purpose? I do like the Ilford products, Delta 100 and 400 as well as FP4+
and HP5+ but they all have there own spot in my shooting styles. Cream or
grit? push or flat?

Eric

Eric Neilsen

Eric Neilsen Photography