[pure-silver] Re: Old paper andDefendre 58-D

  • From: Don Sweet <don@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 29 Feb 2008 17:53:51 +1300

Thanks again for all contributions on this and the previous thread.
My understanding is that age-related fog in paper is due to chemical changes
caused by some form of radiation that penetrates the packaging and partially
exposes the paper.  Is that right?
Does it have the same effect as pre-development flashing, i.e. nudging
everything up the curve a bit?  And if that is right, I suppose bleaching
brings it back down the curve, provided you use a cutting bleach rather than
a proportional one - OK?
Is there any sort of developer formulation (or additive) that does the same
thing at the development stage?
Is this Rlibersky chap on to something?
Don Sweet