[pure-silver] Re: Old Paper Developer Question

  • From: <C.Breukel@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2008 14:35:15 +0100

Yep,

Richard already answered it, I am surprised he did not mention it's also know
as rubbing alchol I believe, at least over there from my side of the
ocean..;-).. I believe pure alcohol will also do the trick. It is convenient to
have a more stronger stock so when you re-use a developer a lot  ( I use DS-14
in a Nova tank and replenish, this combo is realy keeps the developer running
for weeks and weeks). So when you switch to a paper with a slight fog you add
some benzotriazole stock. It does not seem to affect other papers without fog,
but I mostly print on cooler tone papers anyway.

The BZT gets used up though so you have to add a bit extra after a while.

Cor