[pure-silver] Re: Oh How I Miss This Paper

  • From: john stockdale <j.sto@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 28 Jan 2011 08:24:42 +1100

I have one sheet left of BEH 1 (single weight: I thought it was not available in double weight, but maybe that came later). I'll have to do some tiny test strips!

Incidentally, I have several 10-sheet boxes of Brovira from the 1970s that are still good and unfogged (not BEH unfortunately).

If an old paper is a little fogged, is it feasible to bleach the print (after developing and fixing)?

best,  John

Tim Daneliuk wrote:
I managed to get some new old stock Agfa Brovira BEH 111 paper
recently when someone closed down their darkroom. I made a print
with it last night.   I'd forgotten how very lovely this stuff was.

Is anyone making anything close to this (Arista? ...?)