[pure-silver] Re: Nikon users? - regarding the diopters

  • From: Lloyd Erlick <lloyd@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 24 Dec 2006 12:11:54 -0500

At 08:20 PM 12/23/2006 , John Meyers wrote:

... regarding the diopters, that is,
>somewhere between +1 and +2.

December 24, 2006, from Lloyd Erlick,

Me too. I suppose we should be glad eyes work as well and as long as they
do ...

My ophthalmologist listened to my tale of woe and had two words of wisdom:

1) everything I'm complaining about my eyes is due to age and nothing else,
so get over it.

2) for print spotting, get a pair of plus 1.25 diopter reading glasses.
(I'm near-sighted, and use minus 3.0 diopter specs for normal distance
work, and minus 1.0 for close.)

The print spotting specs have changed my life ...

regards,
--le
Lloyd Erlick Portraits, Toronto.
website: www.heylloyd.com