[pure-silver] Re: Newbie Bulk Loader mistake

  • From: "Justin F. Knotzke" <jknotzke@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 24 Sep 2004 10:22:35 -0400

<quote who=James T. Carpenter date=[040924 10:15]/>
> I always use 2 pieces of tape when attaching the film to the spool:
> one on each side of the film, wrapping around to the other side.  I do
> this mainly because I never know exactly how long a spool is, and my
> old manual camera can pack quite a whallup on advancing the film when
> I don't know I'm near the end.  I never wanted to be caught with film
> off the spool & in the camera when I was away from the house.  That
> would be a nightmare.

   I guess the tape creates enough resistance to the edge of the spool
preventing the film from spinning on itself. After about 10 rolls I started to
realize that was the trick. But I am happy you have confirmed that.

   But the whole bulk loading process was a lot less painful that I had
originally imagined. Loading the bulk film into the loader was a little
tricky, but otherwise not too bad.

> Who hopes this helped.

   It did. Thanks so much.

Justin F. Knotzke