[pure-silver] Re: Newbie Bulk Loader mistake

  • From: "James T. Carpenter" <jcarpen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 24 Sep 2004 14:09:19 +0000

I always use 2 pieces of tape when attaching the film to the spool:
one on each side of the film, wrapping around to the other side.  I do
this mainly because I never know exactly how long a spool is, and my
old manual camera can pack quite a whallup on advancing the film when
I don't know I'm near the end.  I never wanted to be caught with film
off the spool & in the camera when I was away from the house.  That
would be a nightmare.

I think most everyone has spooled film and forgotten to open the light
trap at some point.  (Except the sheet film guys -- but they have a
host of other horror stories instead.)  As you said -- try a roll and
see what it looks like.

James Carpenter
Who hopes this helped.