[pure-silver] Re: New Year Resolution - was: Film vs Digital

  • From: "richard l. gifford" <rlgif@xxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 02 Jan 2007 11:27:21 -0600

afterswift@xxxxxxx wrote:

Like any topic on a list, if you ignore it than it has no effect on you. I'm not opposed to a restaurant that has items on the menu I don't care for. I choose those I like to order. I don't see the problem.

I've tried my best to stay out of this because nobody, repeat nobody, wants to hear the response to such an attitude. But the more of this thread I read, the more I see the need to remind everyone. And the reason you don't see the problem is because you are part of the problem. I'm not singling you out, just seeing this as a good place to clear the air again before we're completely swamped.

This was a pure silver list and became the only remaining such source on the planet. Inconsiderate childish digital proponents have never been happy that such a thing is still allowed to exist. They will never be happy as long as we have any respite at all from the meaningless digital drivel. I don't have any complaints about digital, only with the inconsiderate digital users that won't let me pick my own hobbies like they pick theirs.

We couldn't get the proselytizing and insults to stop. A new list was formed, I think called silver bits, for those who wanted to mix the two. We still get sporadic insults from people who somehow think we are either too stupid to know digital exists, or we are only stuck in our time warp for lack of their special enlightenment, or we choose our hobbies on the basis of cost or convenience, or we should all be able to just get along even though they are rudely intruding. The new list should be thriving judging from the interest shown here before and after it was set up.

Digital is not off thread here, it is spam. It has no meaning and no application whatsoever to a pure silver list. Yes, silver users understand some people like to mix film and digital, like the new list was set up to accommodate, and we don't need to be told that again and again. Is it possible for digital users to understand that there is a huge array of resources out there for them and it might be a sign of maturity to leave the last pure silver list alone?

Go hassle the horse people about the advantages of an automobile for a while.

I know, I don't have to read it. And I also know you don't have to send it for me to slowly suck out of this rural dialup connection. Now which makes better sense, keeping in mind the name of this list?

Before the childish digital proponents defend their continuing attack here on decent people's hobby, I sincerely hope they will consider the name and the intent of this resource. There are thousands of resources out there that would benefit from such input. Go there and complain about someone on a pure silver list having the absolute gall to ask for a little consideration.

Okay, the IQ test begins.

Dick Gifford