[pure-silver] Re: More on Sink project

  • From: Lloyd Erlick <lloyd@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 29 Dec 2006 10:22:05 -0500

At 04:32 PM 12/28/2006 , Russ Gorman wrote:

Use washing machine hoses- more reliable.
If you go this "soft route" rather than real pipes just realize that if the hose fails when you are not around, it floods the room unless you turn off the water before the hoses after using darkroom each time.

December 29, 2006, from Lloyd Erlick,

I had this set-up for almost fifteen years. The hoses lasted fine. I was always ready for them to leak, but it never happened.

I found it was very convenient to use the type of water shutoffs that are installed behind washing machines. They have a long straight handle, and need only a ninety degree turn to open or close. Quick and easy. I put them in thinking I'd shut off the pressure on my strings of washer hoses when not in use, but after a while I got lazy and just left them open.

I used the cheap black ones, not the nice stainless steel braided ones.

Even though I had a good experience, I'd still say make sure a burst in one of the hoses cannot cause a catastrophe in your darkroom. Best way is to shut them off when you're not there...

regards,
--le
Lloyd Erlick Portraits, Toronto.
website: www.heylloyd.com