[pure-silver] Re: More on Sink project

  • From: Bogdan Karasek <bkarasek@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 29 Dec 2006 16:33:20 -0500

Hi Dave,

I live in Canada and I am unfamiliar with PEX. Whatever kind of tubing it is, we probably have except it probably has a different name. Could you describe it to me?

In the US, they used to sell BOGEN tripods, in Canada, they were MANFROTTO, one and the same thing. So PEX might just be a brand name, which product is sold here under a different name.

We have something up here called gybrock (sp?); ring a bell? drywall.... :)

Thanks,
Bogdan

Dave Hornford wrote:
I put all of my darkroom plumbing in-front of the wall on a board that can
be removed. It was unlikley a future owner would want a room in the basement
will a gazillion taps & water feeds and it is something I wanted the
capacity to change.  All the semi-permenenat work was done with PEX and all
the connection with the brioaded stainless wrapped connections Jim
mentioned. This also gave me a couple of taps that control water to the room
- when I'm away for a couple of months I just turn the room water off. Then
I don't have any worries about minor leaks, or systems (reverse osmosis)
running while I'm away.

Dave