[pure-silver] Re: Modern Day Prejudice

  • From: Bob Adler <rgacpa@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 19 Aug 2007 11:20:53 -0700 (PDT)

Well, I may as add my 2 bits.
  I shoot film. I adore my Hassy's and Leica's (http://raflexions.com/CACoast)
  And I have a digital SLR. I love the long reach of my Nikon
(http://www.raflexions.com/Tahoe)
  And I have vinyl. A huge collection passed down from my grandfather and
father.
  And I have an iPod and a CD deck that converts from my vinyl directly to .wav.
  And I scan my negatives and print digitally.
  And I don't have enough time for all of it...

  The world is an amazing place, constantly changing with, fortunately, (for
those of us born into societies of relative wealth) more and more choices. I
love them all for what I want them for and am truly thrilled to be able to
enjoy them with friends.

  And I don't put anyone down for the choices they've made and have seen
wonders produced by talented folks no matter the medium.

  And I should probably lay off the coffee :-)
  Bob

"Dana H. Myers" <dana.myers@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
  Harry Lock wrote:

> Apparently the minimum
> requirement is 48 megabytes and above. None of their digital SLR's can
> do this straight out of the camera. I am very quick to point out that a
> scan of a neg from my 1970's Hasselblad easily meets the requirement.

Even scans from my 1950s Minolta Autocord easily meet the requirement.
I admit I take pleasure in mentioning that I routinely shoot 80MP images
to digital-only friends and watching their draws drop.

Just the other day, I scanned some 10-year old 35mm APX25 negs and
was once again reminded how much I liked that film, even if the scans
were "only" 21MP (and not coming close to out-doing the film).

Dana

Bob Adler
Palo Alto, CA
http://www.raflexions.com