[pure-silver] Re: Looking Forward to Film

  • From: "Bob Rosen" <afterswift@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 25 May 2007 15:56:06 -0700

Hi Aaron,

Use value is more important than market value. For example, I'm using a 1998
Dell PC -- the first of the USB models -- and getting first rate service from
it daily. It processes the usual digital images quickly, handles MS Publisher
2003 like lightning, tours the Net like Superman, and has never disappointed
me. It needs no replacement. Its Pentium II 450MHz processor juggles its 384MB
RAM like a master performer. And it replaced W98SE with Windows 2000 Pro in one
leap.

As for the fall in value of the F5, the market is fickle. Film cameras
constitute an irreplaceable aspect of photography which will become apparent
over the next decade. I'll never abandon my film Leicas and Nikons. The best
among us will still use them. There is no replacement of the negative. It's
irreduceably photographic.

Which reminds me, the NYT had a splendid article about Dusan Stulik, the Getty
Museum's curator of chemical photography. We can punch it up from The NY Times
of Sunday, April 1, 2007, Art section.

Best Wishes,
Bob

Best,