[pure-silver] Re: Large Format Tilt

  • From: Laurence Cuffe <cuffe@xxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 30 Nov 2007 07:33:47 -0800

On Thursday, November 29, 2007, at 11:05AM, <C.Breukel@xxxxxxx> wrote:
>It does, but to use these 4 knobs for focussing would be extremly
>akward, besides that there is no ruler to measure the focussing depth.
>
>My question still stands:
>
>Back focussing is the same as front focussing?
>
>I guess so,
>
>Best,
>
>Cor
I think the main question has been fairly well addressed. I found with the
Linhof that If kept two of the back pins locked I could do tilt with the other
two and it worked pretty OK. I an pretty much a seat of the pants man myself,
however I did find working through the depth of field equations in detail gave
me a good appreciation for depth of field issues and an insight into the
physics which makes ULF photography a bit of a holly grail type quest.
all the best
Larry Cuffe