[pure-silver] Re: LIST RENAME REQUEST was: Sally Mann

  • From: Georges Giralt <georges.giralt@xxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2007 16:27:35 +0200

Selon Shannon Stoney <sstoney@xxxxxxx>:

> I would be honored to have this list named pure_shannon. That's a
> great idea.  ;-)
>
> OK, back to the darkroom.  I have switched back to Ilford paper and
> I'm noticing something I didn't notice before.  When I write on the
> back of the paper with a pencil (exposure times, etc) it sometimes
> shows through on the other side, particularly in the dark areas.  Why
> does this happen, and how do people avoid it?
>
> --shannon
Dear Shannon,
Sometimes, in order to get something in blown out highlights, I gently rub the
print in the tray with my fingers in the zone I try to improve.
It often works. Whatever paper maker had produced the stuff I soup.
You are just doing this with a pencil. (except that my fingers being a little
hotter than the dev., I add to the pressure the temperature effect)