[pure-silver] Re: Kodak vs Ilford

  • From: KironKid@xxxxxxx
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 19 Mar 2008 10:02:04 EDT

In a message dated 3/19/2008 5:38:20 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
ibrahim.pamuk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

Hi,
I have used HP3  and FP4 once upon a time and swiched to Tri-X and Plus-X.
Then somewhat used  Tmax100 & 400. I always preferred to use Kodak HIE. I was
wondering  comparison between Tmax and Delta films. Any reccommendation about
these? I  believe it is hard to prefer after one being use Tri-X and then
switch
to HP5  for example. Nevertheless it will worth to hear the experience in
comparison  with Tri-X vs HP5 and Tmax vs Delta?
Regards
Ibrahim  Pamuk

   I  prefer the Delta films. I always got flat, lifeless negs with T-Max
films. I also found the Fuji Neopan  and Ilford Delta films to be mush more
forgiving in exposure and development.  The Neopan 400 film is amazing. It's my
favorite 400 speed B/W film. The top  image, is a Delta 100 snap. The second
one
is a Delta 400 snap. The third, is a  collection of Koda HIE snaps.

_http://www.flickr.com/photos/38463255@N00/462374054/in/set-72157600084960054/_
(http://www.flickr.com/photos/38463255@N00/462374054/in/set-72157600084960054/)

_http://www.flickr.com/photos/38463255@N00/462374726/in/set-72157600084960054/_
(http://www.flickr.com/photos/38463255@N00/462374726/in/set-72157600084960054/)

      _http://www.flickr.com/photos/38463255@N00/sets/72157602654245577/_
(http://www.flickr.com/photos/38463255@N00/sets/72157602654245577/)

Kiron  Kid

"If you're photographing in color you show the color of their clothes  - if
you use black & white, you will show the color of their  soul"

---Ted Grant

Home.