[pure-silver] Re: Kodak... losing weight.

  • From: "K W Hart" <kwhart1@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 16 May 2010 19:22:06 -0400

Some time ago, I got a great deal on some 24" wide RA-4 Kodak paper. I wanted 20x24" sheets. I had to cut the paper pretty accurately because my processor is 20" wide- actually about 20.5". I set up an 8' table in my darkroom, clamped down my paper cutter, and put some tape on the table at the 20" point. I cut notches in the roll paper box and put a pipe through the core of the roll and rested the pipe in the notches. About an hour later, I had the entire roll cut down. Be sure to have some music on, because it's a very boring task!

Ken Hart

How about cutting down the sheets (to exact size) after the paper has
been processed?

I used roll stock for several years at a lab: 30", 40" & 50". I never
tried to get it perfect in the dark - I cut it oversized, processed,
then was able to do the final cut in the light.

Handling roll stock can be tricky: hands must be clean (to avoid
fingerprints) and it becomes very easy to get half-moon kinks from
careless handling.

Hello,

even I heard it today.  I was in the shop for the Endura 30x40 and I
was told that it is not available anymore in sheets only on rolls.
I find rolls difficult to work with.  Going in the darkroom for
cutting al the paper and then putting it in boxes to get it  flat.
Is there a good alternative for this?  I live in Belgium/Europe.
Thanks

Marc

Op 15-mei-2010, om 03:04 heeft Elias_Roustom het volgende geschreven:

 Has anybody else noticed all the new dropped products - no more
RA4 sheets (seems there are only the odd sizes around), slide film
just dropped E100GX.
 > I could live without RA4 printing, I suppose, I do very little,
but I like it. And I always wanted to try E100GX. Another sigh.