[pure-silver] Re: Kodak Wash Aid Patent

  • From: "Richard Knoppow" <dickburk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2007 20:59:48 -0700

----- Original Message ----- From: "Richard Knoppow" <dickburk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Tuesday, April 10, 2007 6:48 PM
Subject: [pure-silver] Kodak Wash Aid Patent

I have found what I believe is the patent for Kodak Hypo Clearing Agent. It is U.S.P. 2,860,978

FWIW here is the formula given in the patent. This is for a working solution.

Wash Aid

Sodium Sulfite (probably desiccated)      20.0 grams
Sodium Bisulfite                           5.0 grams
Sequestrine Na-4 (EDTA Tetrasodium Salt    0.5 grams
Water to make                              1.0 liter

The packaged product also contains Citric Acid. From the MSDS I am guessing its present in the same amount as the EDTA. The packaged product makes a concentrate to be diluted 1 part concentrat to 4 parts water so the formula would be:

Sodium Sulfite                            100.0 grams
Sodium Bisulfite                           25.0 grams
EDTA Tetrasodium Salt                       2.5 grams
Citric Acid                                 2.5 grams
Water to make                               1.0 liter

---