[pure-silver] Re: Kodak Film

  • From: Graham Hughes <graham@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 07 Feb 2007 01:13:49 -0800

On the one hand, this is a big issue.  On the other hand whoever gets a
hold of Kodak's film business, even if it's a management buyout, is
unlikely to close it down entirely because it's making bales of
cash--the declining fortunes cited refer to the increasingly smaller
size of the bales of cash, not a transition from profitability to
unprofitability.  And presumably whoever gets a hold of it will not
casually destroy it as Mr. Perez seems determined to do.

If this happens, I can't say for sure what will happen to the film
business, and it would probably be very rocky.  But I would give
whatever's left of Kodak a decade at the outside.

Graham