[pure-silver] Re: Iron Toners

  • From: Eric Nelson <emanmb@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 15 Apr 2007 15:38:05 -0700 (PDT)

I haven't tested th pH of my water in a long time but
assume it's not too different from any other city
water, and had little diminishing of the blue
intensity the other day.

There was "bleeding" of the toner into the borders
that did not come off.  I seem to remember that sodium
carbonate would remove any traces of blue...or maybe
that was uranium toner.  May have to try that.

In any case, in the past I have used a few drops into
a wash tray with siphon of glacial acetic and had no
problems.  The toner I tried this time was the formula
with tataric acid instead of acetic just to see what
it did compared to previous versions I've used in the
past w/acetic acid.  I did not acidify the wash.
Eric