[pure-silver] Re: Hypo-Alum Toner (Photo-Formulary)

  • From: anclancy@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 06 Oct 2004 14:06:12 +0000

For mixing the toner:
very hot distilled water with a magnetic stirrer. Add the alum very slowly are
it will clump and is very hard to get back into the solution.
For toning:
we use a warmer tray made for keeping food warm at parties, place a large
stainless steel tray full of water on top then a tray with the toner in it
maintaining the temperature at 120.
regards,
ann