[pure-silver] Re: Humidty Controlled Storage

  • From: "Richard Knoppow" <dickburk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 29 Dec 2011 16:38:48 -0800

----- Original Message ----- From: "Robert Hall" <robert.g.hall@xxxxxxxxx>
To: <pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Tuesday, December 27, 2011 1:18 PM
Subject: [pure-silver] Re: Humidty Controlled Storage

We have had a piano for over 50 years. Inside is a bar that acts as a
dehumidifier.

This is similar to what we have. I've no idea if it will work for you but
just an idea..

http://www.kingmaker.net/mears0.htm

Robert Hall
www.RobertHall.com
www.RobertHall.com/workshops
www.facebook.com/robert.g.hall

For many years, and maybe still, there was a heater called a _Dampp Chaser_ made for electronic equipment and other stuff. It was a simple tubular electrical heating element. Some equipment came with one installed by the factory. Its possible your piano had one.

Los Angeles
WB6KBL