[pure-silver] Re: History... Clarification

  • From: Ray Rogers <earthsoda@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 19 Oct 2009 07:38:36 -0700 (PDT)

Hummm... the answer to another question posed in private again answered in
public... I sense a pattern evolving.

Oh well,

Two of my attempts having been thus far thwarted, I guess I will give up
further attempts at "private communciaton". So... here we go public:

I do appreciate the detailed description of the screens- I don't think many
photographers ever really grasp how those plates are made... I know your
description was refreshing for me- to say the least.

I don't really grasp the physics behind why the diameter of images are related
to the intensty of the light, unless it involves light "bleed"... but anyway it
is a fascnating aspect of photography that I wish I could have had a
demonstration of way back when I frst began learning about photography, or even
later, in college, but that is something that I missed... even today, I have
attended conferences where electronic paper was being discussed and, naturally,
no one had any samples!

On the other hand, I have seen some very fine present day collotypes.

BTW, I am curious... is Jean-David Beyer a male or a female?
Please note that unlke the links you provided concering your relatives, I am
not asking about sexual orentation... (I don't even know how they presume to
discern such information, but oh well...)
Does the hyphen indicate marriage or was it a given name?

Ray