[pure-silver] Re: Hasselblad - mistake shooting

  • From: Jim Brick <jim@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 2 Feb 2008 14:35:55 -0800

If you have an 'A' back (A for Automatic), you put the film insert into the back then wind the little crank until it stops. It stops on frame #1. If you forget to 'crank' the film winder until it stops at #1 and start taking pictures, the film counter will advance normally - but it didn't start on #1 as you forgot to wind the film until it 'A'utomatically stopped on #1. So, if you take several pictures, the counter will advance up to #1. Which means that all of the pictures that you have taken up until then, have been null and void! You used the camera's normal click & wind to get the film up to frame #1 rather than the film wind crank.

Take more pictures and see if it advances frame numbers. If it doesn't, then your back is sick. If it does advance, you can proceed normally and take pictures. And don't forget to wind the film up to frame #1. I'm an expert at forgetting to wind the film up to frame 1!

Jim

On Feb 2, 2008, at 11:14 AM, Janet Cull wrote:

I just shot several frames, then noticed that the little wind thing on the right was standing out rather than clicked down into position. The frame number never went past 1. Did I make several exposures on one frame or did the number itself just not change. I hope I'm expressing this right and not confusing you.

If it were anything other than infrared film in the camera I wouldn't be concerned and would just wind it off to find out, but I'm watching that stuff like fine gold.

Thanks.

Janet
= = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = ====================================================================== To unsubscribe from this list, go to www.freelists.org and logon to your account (the same e-mail address and password you set-up when you subscribed,) and unsubscribe from there.