[pure-silver] Re: "Green" Developer

  • From: Tim Daneliuk <tundra@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 29 Nov 2009 12:58:40 -0600

Ralph W. Lambrecht wrote:
> Nicholas
>
> Are you really suggesting that it is better for the environment to dump
> my chemicals drown the drain and pollute the water supply, despite the
> fact that waste management picks it up for free?

It is not "free".  The waste management folks drive vehicles to pick up
the goods and those vehicles emit CO2 and NOX.  Their disposal facility
uses energy in some form that has some kind of byproduct whether by combustion
or fission.  The actual disposal process itself both requires energy and
produces
byproducts of its own.  When having discussions of this sort, it is important to
remember that it is the *net* behavior of the whole system that matters, not
just one input or output.

So, yes, it is entirely possible that putting very small trace amount of
chemicals
down the drain may, in fact, have a net *lower* environmental impact than all
the
politically mandated do-gooding does.

P.S. I am a conservationist not an environmentalist.  The difference is that I
passed
     chemistry, physics, and calculus ...