[pure-silver] Re: "Green" Developer

  • From: "Ralph W. Lambrecht" <info@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 29 Nov 2009 01:32:44 +0100

It always amazes me how local politicians think that charging people to recycle will actually help the environment.

Regards

Ralph W. Lambrecht

http://www.darkroomagic.com

This electronic message contains information that is confidential, legally privileged or otherwise protected from disclosure. This information is intended for the use of the addressee only. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution, printing or any other use of, or any action in reliance on, the contents of this electronic message is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please notify the sender and destroy the original message immediately.

P don't print this e-mail unless you really have to

On Nov 29, 2009, at 00:22, John Bower wrote:

I have a septic tank and am mostly concerned with the silver in my fixer poisoning the system. The county recycling station will take fixer, but they will charge me $8 per gallon to do so. I don't generate enough to get a silver recovery unit, so I put my spent fixer in a tray outdoors where it won't collect rain, and won't be bothered by critters, and I let the water evaporate. One of these days, I'll stir up the sludge, and give my recycling center $8 worth.
--
John Bower, an Indiana Artisan
http://www.studioindiana.com/

On Nov 28, 2009, at 5:40 PM, Ralph W. Lambrecht wrote:

Jean

If neither your town nor county take waste chemicals, ask them what they think you should do with them. Pour them down the drain, so they end up in their water treatment plant? Hard to believe, they are that short-sighted in this day and age. Seriously, ask city hall. They must have a way to deal with the disposal of legal chemicals.

= = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = ==================================================================== To unsubscribe from this list, go to www.freelists.org and logon to your account (the same e-mail address and password you set-up when you subscribed,) and unsubscribe from there.