[pure-silver] Re: Gigabitfilm

  • From: Jim Brick <jim@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 25 Feb 2005 16:44:05 -0800

At 11:43 AM 2/25/2005, Koch, Gerald wrote:

>Years ago, before Kodak discontinued Pan-X, I used the Beutler formula
>with it for several years and got very good results.  Was very unhappy
>when this very nice film was no longer available.

While attending Brooks Institute of Photography (59-61) I used Adox KB14 &
R14 with both the Windisch catechol and the Buetler formulae for my non 4x5
work. I then used Pan-X and Plus-X in the 70's-80's with both developers
plus Rodinal after Adox ceased to exist. Adox 14 & 21 were my favorite
miniature and roll film products. After Pan-X went bye bye, I switched to
APX-25 & 100. After APX-25 went bye bye, I started using Efke 25 for my
slow film, and either APX-100 or Plus-X for my 100 speed 35/120/220 films.

While at school and many years afterward, my 4x5 film was Super-XX and
Tri-X, D-76. Now I use Acros quickloads, APX-100, and HP5 in either Xtol or
D-76.

Tough to keep track of what the industry is doing as well as what I am doing!

:-)

Jim