[pure-silver] Re: Fixer Stain Removal

  • From: "Richard Knoppow" <dickburk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 10 Nov 2009 07:38:45 -0800

----- Original Message ----- From: <C.Breukel@xxxxxxx>
To: <pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Tuesday, November 10, 2009 12:31 AM
Subject: [pure-silver] Re: Fixer Stain Removal

Richard

Do you happen to have a formula for TC-1?

    Very complicated

Kodak TC-1
Water                           1.0 liter
Potassium bichromate           90.0 grams
Sulfuric acid, concentrated    90.0 ml

    There are a number of variations of this which
demonstrate mainly that the amounts are not at all critical.
    The usual Kodak warning holds, add acid to water never
the other way.
    I found out that the stuff is reusable even when it
looks quite ugly.
    Sodium sulfite solution, or Kodak Hypo Clearing Agent
will remove yellow stains if any are left.

..tried that cleaner once on a really dirty Nova Quad (slots were black from colour chemistry I assume). It did remove a lot, but not all..

Best,

Cor
TC-1 works mostly on silver. There is other stuff in color processors, I don't know what is used for it. Perhaps a strong caustic solution (sodium hydroxide for instance).