[pure-silver] Re: Fixer Stain Removal

  • From: <C.Breukel@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 10 Nov 2009 09:31:46 +0100

> Richard
>
> Do you happen to have a formula for TC-1?

     Very complicated

Kodak TC-1
Water                           1.0 liter
Potassium bichromate           90.0 grams
Sulfuric acid, concentrated    90.0 ml

     There are a number of variations of this which
demonstrate mainly that the amounts are not at all critical.
     The usual Kodak warning holds, add acid to water never
the other way.
     I found out that the stuff is reusable even when it
looks quite ugly.
     Sodium sulfite solution, or Kodak Hypo Clearing Agent
will remove yellow stains if any are left.

..tried that cleaner once on a really dirty Nova Quad (slots were black
from colour chemistry I assume). It did remove a lot, but not all..

Best,

Cor