[pure-silver] Re: Film Still Wins ... Even Compared To Leica 18MPix

  • From: "pdesmidt tds.net" <pdesmidt@xxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 2 Jun 2010 10:36:03 -0500

I agree with those who say "So What."  I use both. Each excels in certain
areas, and some of the fears about the loss of digital files are
ungrounded.  For instance, I have writable cds that are 10 years old, and
they are readable just fine.  If you look into this, you'll see that some
brands of cds are much more reliable than others.  Additionally, the costs
of redundant hard drives and online storage have come down enough that
they're very viable options.  Currently, I use the latter two, as cds and
dvds require too much time to burn, at least for me.  As someone else has
said.  Use what you like.  Look into storage/permanence issues, whether with
film, prints or digital files, and do what makes sense for you.  Why waste
time trying to convince others that you're tools are the best tools?