[pure-silver] Re: Exposed old HP5

  • From: `Richard Knoppow <dickburk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 22 Jun 2018 14:38:50 -0700

How strange, I just assumed they were 120:-) Ilford does not differentiate between roll and 35mm in their data sheets. Kodak does but the differences are not great. I no longer remember what the Plus meant. Ilford recommends agitation by inversion 4 inversions in ten seconds, every minute.
Time for ID-11 full strength is 7.5 minutes. Earlier data sheets give this dilution, later ones 1:1 at 13 minutes.
I certainly agree with doing one roll as a test and maybe one roll at a time to insure there are no global errors.
I may have paper HP-5 (not Plus) data sheets. I had two very large loose leaf binders, one for Kodak and one for Ilford and Agfa but can't find the second. I think its probably in storage. On my computer I have only the HP-5 Plus sheet.

On 6/22/2018 1:05 PM, Janet Gable Cull wrote:

Well, I didn’t even think of doing one roll alone first. Of course.

I will guesss at which is most dispensable since they are all in plain black roll-your-own canisters. Yikes! At least I do have the newly exposed rolls separate from the two very old ones.

Thank you again.

Janet Gable Cull
Sent from my iPhone

--