[pure-silver] Re: Ebay

  • From: "Frank Filippone" <red735i@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 24 Dec 2006 10:46:29 -0800

I had one where there was NO item number listed... talking about stupid....  I
wonder how many idiots respond to these such that the
senders keep trying?  Talk about stupid customers!

Using my email program, I delete without looking at all email addresses from
certain freebie places, including, AOL, gmail, and a
few others.  It cuts through the nonsense so that I do not get annoyed as
easily....  It is so eeasy for the freebie places to get a
second or third or whatever email address.....that you can not shut them down.
Just temporarily slow their pace..... Real addresses
can be traced, and therefore fraud can be an issue for those scammers.

It IS a real problem, and as long as Ebay somehow allows our real addresses to
get out, it will continue.

Frank Filippone
red735i@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Another trick I'm seeing is bogus Second Chance offers.  This is where
you've bid on something on eBay, and, after the auction closes, you
get an email saying the auction fell through, offering you the item
at whatever bid you'd made.  You can tell these offers are bogus in
several ways: