[pure-silver] Re: Durst L1200 and Mivalo

  • From: "Len Eselson" <leneselson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 31 Jan 2006 21:16:58 -0500

Lynn Radeka recommends using a lithographer's tape to
tape a header to your negative. The header can be made of
scrap film stock. You'll have to figure out the right size header so
that the negative is centered in the carrier. Here in the US
a source of the tape is Freestyle Photo (search for 'litho').

In Radeka's system, the 'mask' is created using the next larger
size film than your negative. Thus, 5X7 film is used for 4X5.
The header gets punched, as does the mask negative(s).
Since you use the same punch, they will register on the carrier.

The advantage of this system is that the tape is removeable,
and you haven't affected your original negative in any way.

Len Eselson