[pure-silver] Re: Droopy Prints

  • From: "EJ Neilsen" <ej@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 25 Sep 2006 15:43:56 -0500

To me it sounds like you are holding too little of the print and not putting
a good moisture barrier behind your piece. When an 8x10 image area is placed
on an 11x14 paper, there is plenty of paper to be held by the matte and your
current corners are sufficient to hold the print in place. When you take
these frames apart ( I'll assume that you have taken at least one of these
apart after you saw the droop) what did you see?

Your foamcore and matte should be slightly smaller than the backside opening
so that when the expansion takes place of either board, it has some place to
go. I have also seen where the foam core will show a slight bow. Make sure
you place it in the frame with the bow pointed toward the back, not the
glass or opening side. You may even use two pieces, one with the bow toward
the back next to the print and the other with the bow forward toward the
image.

Eric Neilsen Photography
4101 Commerce Street, Suite 9
Dallas, TX 75226