[pure-silver] Re: Droopy Prints

  • From: Jeffrey Thorns <puresilver@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 25 Sep 2006 13:17:49 -0700

Hi all,

Here's a sitch I don't ever think I've seen mentioned in the discussions of print display. It has to do with matted, framed prints.

I find that after about 6-12 months, the part of the print that is visible thru the mat window begins to droop slightly downward, in somewhat of a loose "U" shape. Clearly, gravity is at work here.

I use 1-1/4" polypropylene mounting corners to hold the print in place on the back of the window mat. Each print is in a Nielsen metal frame, and has a sheet of acid-free foamcore behind it.

Does anyone have any suggestions (short of dry mounting) about how to keep the prints flat behind the window mats?

You could try archival linen tape.