[pure-silver] Re: Do-it-yourself Deardorff lensboard?

  • From: "Dave Hornford" <dave@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 9 Sep 2004 19:38:09 -0600

Alan,

My Sinar came with a home-made oak lens board with a brass 'kick-plate' on
the top and bottom (think of kick-plates' on a door. Your could easily
retrofit them to a Deardorff board (even one with beaten corners)

Your alternative will be to take a board to a machinist with a CNC. After
measuring the board he'll be able to make them. 1st one will be costly. All
following ones are much, much easier.

Dave