[pure-silver] Re: Digital to Paper (Re: quitter)

  • From: "Ralph W. Lambrecht" <info@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 21 Feb 2010 20:30:48 +0100

Yes, but I was talking about going directly from digital file to silver-gelatin paper.

Regards

Ralph W. Lambrecht

http://www.darkroomagic.com

This electronic message contains information that is confidential, legally privileged or otherwise protected from disclosure. This information is intended for the use of the addressee only. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution, printing or any other use of, or any action in reliance on, the contents of this electronic message is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please notify the sender and destroy the original message immediately.

P don't print this e-mail unless you really have to

On Feb 21, 2010, at 18:09, Robert Randall wrote:

Kodak LVT film recorders have been used to make color and/or black and white prints on wet process papers for the last 20 years. The most popular for
fine artists was the Saturn 16X20 LVT. As it's name implies, it could
reproduce a file on output, up to 16X20 inches. I personally have a Saturn 1010 LVT, and I can tell you without hesitation that the prints from it
rival, and many times surpass, prints made directly from negs.

Bob Randall

On 2/21/10 9:19 AM, "Jeffrey Thorns" <puresilver@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Such devices already exist, though they are far too expensive for
indiviuals. LightJet makes a nice one that prints out on 50" roll
C-paper. I have seen the results and they are stunning.

I think what we will see soon is a 'silver-gelatin printer'. In
other words, prepare the file or negative scan digitally, and then,
print it via a laser printer to silver-gelatin paper, exposing the
paper with the laser. The rest is done in the darkroom. This is not
much different from the old imagesetters.

Before I forget, this way your hands will smell like hypo after a
Photoshop session.

= = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = ====================================================================== To unsubscribe from this list, go to www.freelists.org and logon to your account (the same e-mail address and password you set-up when you subscribed,) and unsubscribe from there.