[pure-silver] Re: Digital to Paper (Re: quitter)

  • From: Elias Roustom <elroustom@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 22 Feb 2010 08:42:14 -0500

Ok, but what type of film are you printing on to get the good results. And are you finding digital artifacts in the finished print. I bought some ink-jet transparency material (3M) and I'm not at all impressed with the output, and it was very expensive stuff ($1.40 per sheet).

Elias

On Feb 22, 2010, at 7:15 AM, titrisol wrote:

compromise?  I think is just using your resources wisely.

Makng cyanotypes and other contact prints from 35mm was plain nonsense, and from 120/220 was quite hard; the way around was making enlarged positive-negative pairs but that was a RPITA....

Not anymore with a scanner (not even a high-grade one) and a $50 inkjet printer.