[pure-silver] Re: Digital to Paper (Re: quitter)

  • From: "Ralph W. Lambrecht" <info@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 22 Feb 2010 09:49:53 +0100

I was talking about a version I can afford.

Regards

Ralph W. Lambrecht

http://www.darkroomagic.com

This electronic message contains information that is confidential, legally privileged or otherwise protected from disclosure. This information is intended for the use of the addressee only. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution, printing or any other use of, or any action in reliance on, the contents of this electronic message is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please notify the sender and destroy the original message immediately.

P don't print this e-mail unless you really have to

On Feb 22, 2010, at 00:22, K W Hart wrote:

Actually, such a machine has been in common use for many years. Most commonly, it's at the local one-hour photofinisher such as WalMart, CVS, etc, and called a Fuji Frontier. There are others, but I think Fuji was the first to get them out in use big time.

The film is processed normally, then scanned. A miniature "contact sheet" (index print) is created digitally and that, and the rest of the prints are 'light-jet' printed. A tri-color laser system exposes the paper just like an inkjet printer prints on ordinary paper.

Another alternative was introduced when the Fuji Frontiers first came out for those optical mini-lab owners who wanted to be able to offer the contact sheet index print. This device was an LCD screen that was positioned in place of the negative. The mini-lab could add the LCD system to their older optical mini-lab system.

Personnally, I'll stick with my Eseco enlarger and Hope roller transport in the color darkroom, and the Omega D2V and trays in the B&W room. My computers are for downloading bootleg movies and doing email!

Ken Hart

----- Original Message ----- From: Ralph W. Lambrecht

I think what we will see soon is a 'silver-gelatin printer'. In other words, prepare the file or negative scan digitally, and then, print it via a laser printer to silver-gelatin paper, exposing the paper with the laser. The rest is done in the darkroom. This is not much different from the old imagesetters.

Before I forget, this way your hands will smell like hypo after a Photoshop session.

Regards
Ralph W. Lambrecht

http://www.darkroomagic.com

= = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = ====================================================================== To unsubscribe from this list, go to www.freelists.org and logon to your account (the same e-mail address and password you set-up when you subscribed,) and unsubscribe from there.