[pure-silver] Re: Developing Verichrome Pan

  • From: Martin magid <martin.magid@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Pure Silver <pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 4 Jun 2010 09:45:52 -0400

Mark, no offense was taken.  I should have realized that not everyone knows
that a Kodak 3A camera implies 122 postcard-size film. Tim, all the reels on
the sites you gave have a maximum capability for film 2-1/4 wide, not big
enough for 122 film.  I already own a Paterson reel which is adjustable
 from  35mm to 120/220 film.  Your idea of PVC tubing is intriguing, and I
would try it if I still had the proper facility.  I recently moved from a
large house with a large darkroom to a smaller condo, with no darkroom.
 What I use is the furnace room, very small, which also doubles as my
toolroom/workroom.  To do my tray developing, I have to set up a long steel
folding table on which I place the trays.  I bring water in in jugs, and do
my mixing on the table.  It's all very cramped, but useable once in a while.
 To bring in a PVC pipe, and attempt to change solutions in the dark for Pan
film would invite catastrophe.  A good idea, but not for this venue.

I won't be doing the see-saw developing until July, after I return from
vacation, but I'll let you know the results, one way or the other.

Thanks to all for their help and comments,

Marty