[pure-silver] Re: Developing Plus-X in Rodinal 1+100

  • From: Martin Jangowski <martin@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 16 Dec 2008 13:21:38 +0100 (CET)

On Tue, 16 Dec 2008, Horvath Krisztian wrote:

Hello All,

Can the "constant agitation" be the keywords? I can imagine that a periodic "some" inversions in 30sec-1min-2min-etc. is far enough from constant agitation, so Rodinal die later. A friend of mine made an experiment with a third of a roll of T-Max in Rodinal 1+250 (2ml Rodinal in 500ml water), 90min at 24 °C (75 deg F.) Agitation was once in every min for the first ten minutes, then 30sec in every 5 mins. The result was OK, so it seems to me that if the agitation is not continuous, Rodinal doesn't die so soon.

The real question is: is there a difference between eg. 20min of thin rodinal and 40min? Should the rodinal die after 17min there should be no difference... after all, sloshing the film around for a few more minutes in dead rodinal won't change anything.

Personally, I don't care... I spent a few weekends with games like this and found no visible differences in the results, so I use faster development.

Grüße aus Hohenlohe,

        Martin Jangowski

| Martin Jangowski                         E-Mail: Martin@xxxxxxxxxxxx|
|                        Netzwerke und Multimedia                     |
| Voice: +49 7946/3723                           Fax: +49 7946/940791 |
| Snail Mail: Von-Olnhausen Str. 4            74626 Bretzfeld Germany |