[pure-silver] Re: D2 filters update

  • From: Mark Blackwell <mblackwell1958@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 9 Feb 2008 15:09:39 -0800 (PST)

Well when you get back drop me an email off list.  Id be interested to know
just how these things go together before I take it all apart.  The width has me
more concerned than anything.and who knows what else may be broken when I get
inside.  I also should try to see if I can find a maintenance manual for the
head.  That should tell me a lot about how things should look vs how they do
look.

Johnsimage@xxxxxxx wrote:     Hi Mark,
 Try this outfit Classic  Enlargers - Omega D-II Enlargers
 I bought a used head off ebay. I also bought new filters off the internet.
This was a while ago.
 I replaced the filters in the used head, then put that on my base. I still
have a head in pieces and some extra parts. I won't know what i have untill I
return home in a couple weeks.
 Interestingly enough, the D2 with a color head is mounted on a drill press
base, I used to do some large stuff with it
 My main enlarger now is a durst 138.
 I'm just storing my D2 with a condenser, D2 with a color head and Durst  184.
I think your going to see a big move into traditional darkroom soon,
 Dichroic filters off any enlarger may work if you can resize them to  fit.
 Cordially,
 John Harmon
 www.JohnHarmon.com
 336.363.9138

Who's never won?  Biggest Grammy Award surprises of all time on AOL Music.